Beyond The 501(K) Status: 10 Questions To Ask About A Rescue

Sagetopaz
EPNet General Member
Real Name (first and last name): Alise Lamoreaux

Beyond The 501(K) Status: 10 Questions To Ask About A Rescue

Post by Sagetopaz »

Beyond The 501(K) Status: 10 Questions To Ask About A Rescue Facility

After participating in several Horses In Need Documentary Projects over the years, I have become aware of aspects of horse rescue that I had never thought of before working on my stories. Participation in these projects has caused me to stay involved with my local rescues even after completing the stories. I have realized that it is easy to create an online persona of a facility, and even have the legal paperwork to be a non-profit organization, but that doesn't mean all the pieces are in place for daily operations. The tale of a rescue organization going astray is heard all too often, especially in hard economic times. I wondered if there are governing bodies/organizations and standards for rescues/sanctuaries. In may investigations I learned about the Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries (GFAS) and discovered there are guidelines for horse facilities under this organization. As a result, I interviewed Darla Clark of Strawberry Mountain Horse Rescue in Roseberg, Oregon whose facility operated under the guidelines of GFAS to find out what questions people should ask about a rescue facility to determine if it is a reputable and reliable organization.

The complete article may be found at this link: http://sdrv.ms/1iy0Dfl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sagetopaz

Return to “Horses in Need Documentary Project 2013”