Hope

Kevang
EPNet General Member
Real Name (first and last name): Kevan Garecki

Hope

Post by Kevang »

HOPE5.jpg
I first met Hope early one spring morning, and despite a brief description from my friend Lisa, I was unprepared for actually meeting her. She has a rather pronounced birth defect which caused her muzzle to basically make a left turn two-thirds the way down her face. Prior to Hope coming into Lisa’s care, this quiet mare had been bounced from one home to another, experiencing a wide range of care, or lack thereof. One thread was consistent throughout her past; regardless of their intentions, everyone who took part in Hope’s life wanted something from her. From subjecting her to repeated surgeries & procedures aimed at correcting the defect, to a litany of efforts aimed at training her; no one had simply taken the time to make her comfortable, or simply adjust to how she needed to live. Lisa and I pondered for only a brief moment after I had spent some time with Hope, we had both arrived at the same conclusion without exchanging a word; if Hope couldn’t fit into a world everyone else wanted her in, then we would just recreate a little part of it, just for her.

When Lisa first mentioned doing a Facebook page to share Hope's progress the name "A Journey of Hope" came to both of us instantly, and simultaneously. It was automatic, and it just fit. Neither of us had any real concept of just how this trip would go; we were unsure as to the extent of Hope's physical limitations, which we have discovered since are more complicated than we had imagined. Of course we could not have foreseen the emergencies & maladies, but we have remained confident that together we can deal with pretty much anything that comes along. Lisa & I both knew there was something very unique, very powerful, about this special lady. The sensation & energy around her is palpable; it has mass, feeling ... even a temperature & an aura. I consider both of us to be pretty sensitive to this, and I've watched the connection deepen & expand between our devoted little trio, despite this advantage Hope still continues to exceed our expectations, going beyond into what we haven't even thought of yet. There's no doubt in my mind that every step of this journey will be worth it. At the end of the day, that's all I've ever really wanted, to just be worth it ...

Hope has at once been the most challenging, and most rewarding horse I’ve ever met. She has the unwavering ability to see through any agenda, no matter how innocent or innocuous; but the most disarming quality of all is her simple trust. This horse has been through more in her 9 years in this world than a dozen others combined, hence her defense system is so acute that she can raise her “wall” in a heartbeat. Despite that, she can defuse any tension I may carry into her space, and do so with one sigh. The energy this lady exudes is so powerful it can and has taken my breath away at times. One day in particular I approached Hope with a heart so heavy it felt as though it were dragging on the ground behind me. A tumultuous relationship had just ended for me; I had been left bleeding from every part of my soul. As I approached Hope and reached out to stroke her mane, she turned towards me with a pleading look. I was uncertain what she needed, but it was just the cue I needed to put my own emotions away and concentrate on her. As I stroked her neck, I began to coax her muscles into relaxing, promoting the flow of energy along her spine and out through her pole and face. She enjoys these sessions immensely, and so acquiesced immediately and sort of melted into me. I heard her usually laboured breathing slow to a rhythmic rate, and felt the urge to lay my head against hers. As I did so, the surrounding sounds disappeared and we became aware of only each other. What transpired next was beyond anything I’ve ever experienced with any horse, or human. We exchanged our respective stresses, anxieties and energy, combining them all into one conduit, where everything simply flowed away, until all that remained was the silent peace of utter relaxation. The deluge did not go unnoticed, as Lisa was present and later shared that the residual energy from whatever Hope and I had just exchanged had taken her own breath away, just being in proximity to Hope and I.

I actually feel sorry for the humans who were in her life previously, for the only reason I can think of why they let her go is that they did not see what Lisa saw, and what I have now experienced. Every day now, I reach that gate in anticipation of what Hope will offer me today …

Here is a link to her Facebook page, and many more stories!
https://www.facebook.com/A-Journey-of-H ... 182225510/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevang
EPNet General Member

Re: Hope

Post by Kevang »

Hope's first bridal fitting with myself, Lisa and of course Hope.
Good friend & splendid horsewoman Christa Miremadi at Silver Star Stables in Aldergrove, BC suggested one of her custom Carlotta bridals for Hope. We tried it out, took a bit of adjusting to get it just right, but it works perfectly!
HOPE1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"We are responsible forever for that which we tame."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Kevang
EPNet General Member

Post by Kevang »

Cranial displacement is an ongoing concern for this lady, so we rely on the healing touch of this wizard, Miles Herman. Miles is a local kinesiologist who has agreed to take Hope's case on, and he has not disappointed us one bit with his magic!
HOPE2.jpg
Last edited by Kevang on Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kevang
EPNet General Member

Post by Kevang »

This was taken during the moment I related in the original post; I was actually surprised not to see some sort of aura emanating from both of us!
HOPE3.jpg
Kevang
EPNet General Member

Post by Kevang »

One of my favourite images of this amazing lady
HOPE4.jpg
Kevang
EPNet General Member

Post by Kevang »

OK, this is my favourite, really ...
HOPE6.jpg
BarbYoung
EPNet Pro Member
Real Name (first and last name): Barb Young

Post by BarbYoung »

Just wonderful, Kevan. Thanks so much for sharing! :salute: :thumb:
"If we're ever gonna see a rainbow,
We have to stand a little rain"
~NGDB

Website