Image Showcase: 2011 Basics Course

View EPNet member's inspiring equine images, updated regularly.

Moderator: admin

Carien Schippers
EPNet Pro Member
Real Name (first and last name): Carien Schippers

Image Showcase: 2011 Basics Course

Post by Carien Schippers »

Photos from the 2011 Basics Course. This course will run again in June, 2012.

PLEASE NOTE: The photos posted in the Image Showcases are for viewing purposes only. Copying, downloading or using the photo in any manner without written permission from the photographer is prohibited and a copyright violation. Thank you for respecting our copyrights!
"Doing what you love is freedom,
Loving what you do is happiness"

~ Chinese proverb

Equine Photography by Carien Schippers
• ImagEquine Home
• ImagEquine on Facebook
Keyestonephoto
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Lesley Stone

Re: Image Showcase

Post by Keyestonephoto »

The chosen one :D ;) :thumb:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Canon EOS 60D
28-135 IS
100-400 IS(rental)
430ex11 speedlite
monopod and tripod equipped :-)
Christie Snyder
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Christie Snyder

Post by Christie Snyder »

Carien, thank you for offering this class and thank you for your tutelage throughout it. I have immensely enjoyed the class and I have learned so much from it. Thank you for your feedback both directly and to others, it has provided a great learning experience. Thanks also to my classmates who have done excellent work and who have asked excellent questions throughout the class. I will miss this class!

To echo Lesley, the Chosen One:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Canon EOS 7D
Canon EOS 40D
Canon 70-200 f/ 2.8L IS ii
Canon 28-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS
Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
"Nifty Fifty"
Manfrotto monopod
http://www.hightimephotos.com
pjnok
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Paula Loftin

Post by pjnok »

Thank you Carien for all your help and instruction. I'm looking forward (while waiting for it to cool off here in OK) to going back over the information you have provided and picking out more gems that I need. I've throughly enjoyed the class and it's given me lots to work on.
Looking forward to the Oklahoma workshop also. It's too close (less than an hour) for me to miss...
Thanks again.
Thanks too fellow classmates. I think I learned as much from your photos and your feedback as I did my personal efforts.

Here's my Tierra again.
sfj
Real Name (first and last name): Shelley Johnson

Post by sfj »

Thank you, Carien, for a class that taught me a lot. It was a challenge for me and my pictures aren't the quality of everyone else in the class, but I think I have improved a little. Now I know what I should be looking for in head shots, conformation, action, etc. I know to use my lense at 200mm or above and found out I can take single shots with pretty good results. Still working on shutter speed settings and using a monopod. This class has made me want to find other horses besides just Standardbreds at the races to take pictures of. Right now I'm thinking of working on what I learned from this class for a year or so, and then if it's offered again, may be taking it over. I have thoroughly enjoyed looking at everyone's pictures and feel I have learned from them as well as the course material. Thanks everyone!

This young boy had the biggest horse in his 4H competition at a county fair.

Aperature Priority ~ 1/1600, f6.3, 400, 300mm
Canon Rebel XTi, Tamaron AF Aspherical XR Di 28-300mm, 1:35-6.3 Macro
Elena Raymond
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Elena Raymond

Post by Elena Raymond »

Thank you for offering such a great course, Carien!
My chosen photo... :)
Canon 60D; 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 lens.
PonyBlack
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Lesley Weston

Post by PonyBlack »

Thank you Carien for an enjoyable and informative course. I am sad that it's over ......
Buddy
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Frederick Gary

Post by Buddy »

Carien, Thanks so much for the critique and knowledge that you have shared with us. Thanks also for the push into uncharted water that I badly needed to build my skill set and confidence. I also wish to thank the other members that viewed and thanked for my images and the posting of their images to help me learn even more from your comments to them. I believe we all learned a good deal from you with this course, I now know what to look for and how to best shoot it for my customers and myself. My panning shot does look better when I darken it a bit. Here is my chosen image.
Gallop-0521.JPG
Canon 5D Mk II and Canon 50D: Canon Zoom EF 70-200mm f2.8 L IS USM; Canon 24-105mm f4 L IS USM; Canon Zoom EF-s 18-200mm f3.5-5.6; Canon Zoom EF 75-300mm f4-5.6
dressagedebbie
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Debbie Dasker

Post by dressagedebbie »

Thank you Carien for an enjoyable class! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to spend time during the second half, but look forward to taking all my notes from the class and applying them as soon as I can.

I also really enjoyed looking at, and learning from, all the excellent photos by my fellow students. Sure are a lot of talented photographers in the bunch :D Happy shooting everyone! :wave:
epona08599
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Liz Powell

Post by epona08599 »

Carien, what a great experience this class has been! Even though I thought I might loose my mind trying to get assignments done and juggling my full time job!! The information and hands on experience was wonderful, empowering. Thank you for sharing your knowledge, insight and appraisal... ah, the miracle of the internet!!
Cannon EOS Digital Rebel, Sigma 18-50 mm, 55-200 mm
Meralee
Real Name (first and last name): Meralee Watson

Post by Meralee »

I too have learned much and look forward to my next step in my journey.Thanks Caren!
pamsoderholm
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Pam Soderholm

Post by pamsoderholm »

Here is the image that Carien chose for the showcase. I so thoroughly enjoyed this class and I hate to see it end! Thank you again to Carien and my fellow classmates for the opportunity to learn from all of you. :-)
Pam
Pam Soderholm
http://pamsoderholm.zenfolio.com
angelinsouthafrica
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): ENGELA GOBREGTS

Post by angelinsouthafrica »

Carien chose this photo of mine to be showcased.....Thank you Carien and all fellow students for a great course! Happy shooting!!
Rhinestone Pony
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Virginia Rivers

Post by Rhinestone Pony »

This course really made me push myself, as any good course will. Thank you, Carien, you are a fantastic teacher. And thank you to all of my classmates for the wonderful support, encouragement, and the work you did that has inspired me to do better!
Virginia Rivers

http://www.rhinestoneponyphotography.com
debby
EPNet Pro Member
Real Name (first and last name): Debby Thomas

Post by debby »

Thanks so much Carien for pushing me out of my comfort zone. I find I am now excited and looking forward to trying new things. The critiques were very helpful and I'd like to thank all the other photographers too. I enjoyed your work and learned from them also.

Return to “EPNet Image Showcase”