IMAGE SHOWCASE: Painter Course

View EPNet member's inspiring equine images, updated regularly.

Moderator: admin

admin
Site Admin
Real Name (first and last name): EPNet Admin

IMAGE SHOWCASE: Painter Course

Post by admin »

Photos from the Sherron Sheppard Online Corel Painter Course

PLEASE NOTE: The photos posted in the Image Showcases are for viewing purposes only. Copying, downloading or using the photo in any manner without written permission from the photographer is prohibited and a copyright violation. Thank you for respecting our copyrights!
flatlandsfoto
EPNet Pro Member
Real Name (first and last name): Joan Davis

Re: IMAGE SHOWCASE: Painter Course

Post by flatlandsfoto »

What an amazing class! I cant believe how much I have learned - I only wish there was another 3 weeks of Sherrons reviews so I could learn even more! For this oil painting, I used the "detai oil brush" to blend the background then used oily pallet knife and the smeary pallet knife to finish the background. For the horse and rider, I used the smeary round first then the smeary oil and flat oil to bring back some detail. Probably the most important thing I learned about the software itself is to save often as the program is not as stable as Photoshop!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nphalsey
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Nancy Halsey

Post by nphalsey »

This was the most amazing class. I cannot imagine how I would have learned the painter solftware without Sherrons instructions. Since watercolor is my favorite, I spent most of my time doing that. Here is one of my favorites from the class.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
amvassey
EPNet General Member
Real Name (first and last name): Ann Vassey

Post by amvassey »

I am sure of one thing - I probably would not have understood Painter at all without Sherron's instructions and guidance. I love the program and as always Sherron's class was so very well organized and instructional. I am posting my watercolor as my project for the class. Watercolor has always been a favorite medium of mine but I really like the results of my pastel projects also.
This watercolor was done using a photo from a photo shoot that I did this past summer.
pet the put painter 01 wc.jpg
Ann M Vassey,D300 & D200, 18-200mm VR, older 75-300mm possibly
amvassey@roadrunner.com
Winslow, ME
Pony Girl
EPNet Pro Member
Real Name (first and last name): Judy Robichaux

Post by Pony Girl »

I used several brushes in this oil rendition: real fan soft, soft flat oil, real long bristle (manes) and a thick bristle cloner. I like the look sponges gave the background. Then I went to Photoshop to give the horses' faces more pop, adding a couple of Nik filters and adjustments.
115 fix face and brushstrokes.jpg
"A lovely horse is always an experience...It is an emotional experience of the kind that is spoiled by words."
Beryl Markham
marie myler
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): marie myler

Post by marie myler »

I used the pastel grainy I seem to like that the most as it feels like it would if I was painting. Love the class so glad I finally took the time to learn corel painter I am very excited to see where I go from here. Thanks you Sherron for all the great step by step info....I know I could not have done it with out this class.
MTS
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Mary Stafford

Post by MTS »

Pastel
What a fun and challenging class! The course material was well presented and Sherrons critiques were so very useful. I will be looking forward to future classes and in the mean time have plenty to practice on. Really enjoyed seeing all the other work done by the students- quite a variety. Fun!
kbarber613
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Kimber Wallwork-Heineman

Post by kbarber613 »

Great class Sherron - just wasn't long enough...Thank you so much - Kimber
laureljarvis
Real Name (first and last name): Laurel Jarvis

Post by laureljarvis »

This was a great course. Unfortunately I was very busy with school at the time, so I didn't have enough time to really focus on it. But it was really great getting started in the corel program.
This is an image I did during the oil painting week.
michelletwohig
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Michelle Twohig

Post by michelletwohig »

I learned the truth of the statement..."If it were easy, everyone would do it!" when it comes to Corel Painter's learning curve and quirks...greater than Photoshop's for me. I would not have had the patience to slog through it on my own without Sherron's amazing class notes and the commitment of being in a class! I really only scratched the surface of a very loose technique I started playing with WAAAAY back in college in an art class and always told myself I'd get back to it one day...I'm not where I want to be with it yet, but it felt good to try! This is a combination of charcoal and pastel.

:: All children are born artists—the problem is to remain one as we grow up :: Picasso

Art: http://www.michelletwohig.com/art
Book: http://bit.ly/TheArtfulDodger
Instagram: @happyplaceartist
sandrah
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Sandra Harris

Post by sandrah »

I also wish this class went longer. I never got to the last section at all. I've got the notes and just haven't had the time to 'play' and learn from them. However, I really enjoyed the class and found I learned more about Painter then I ever could alone. Thank you Sherron for such great notes and instruction. Several of the images I was able to do I like a lot but I'm putting this of the dog into the view because I felt it had the most artistic look to it.
rosecat
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Elizabeth Jensen

Post by rosecat »

Although this painting isn't quite where I want it to be, it is definitely my favorite of the ones that I completed during this class. It's a watercolor and I used an assortment of brushes.

Thanks,
Elizabeth Jensen

Return to “EPNet Image Showcase”