IMAGE SHOWCASE for the Photoshop Basics Course

View EPNet member's inspiring equine images, updated regularly.

Moderator: admin

admin
Site Admin
Real Name (first and last name): EPNet Admin

IMAGE SHOWCASE for the Photoshop Basics Course

Post by admin »

Image Showcases for Sherron Sheppards Photoshop Basics course. this course will run again in January, 2016.
Check the courses area to sign up: http://www.equinephotographers.org/courses/

PLEASE NOTE: The photos posted in the Image Showcases are for viewing purposes only. Copying, downloading or using the photo in any manner without written permission from the photographer is prohibited and a copyright violation. Thank you for respecting our copyrights!
flatlandsfoto
EPNet Pro Member
Real Name (first and last name): Joan Davis

Re: Image Showcase

Post by flatlandsfoto »

Before! I used 1 background texture. You could only see one of the jump standards in the first part of the fence so I cloned a new one onto a blank layer using the back rail as a sample. I also added another blank layer to draw in an easier to edit tail. I grayed down the red standards using a sample color from the image then lowered the color saturation. Burned the coat, boots and horses eye. Used a separate burn layer to darken the area under the jump. I lowered the opacity of the new background to 95% so you see a hint of the arena. I de-saturated the composite layer and then lowered the opacity. Alt clicked to bring the original mask back onto that layer which made the horse more saturated than the background.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by flatlandsfoto on Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
flatlandsfoto
EPNet Pro Member
Real Name (first and last name): Joan Davis

Post by flatlandsfoto »

After!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KarenM
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Karen Morang

Post by KarenM »

In this sequence, I learned how to merge several photos, make the focal point of the image "pop" from the background and where the best crop should be. There was dodging, burning, and many other techniques used. I added more flowers using the dissolve blend mode and different hues to make the image more interesting. I also learned to use photos with similar lighting to keep the image more realistic with the light source hitting each image in the same way.
KarenM
Registered Guest

Post by KarenM »

Here is the final image
marissat133
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Marissa Todd

Post by marissat133 »

This image was done in week 4. I had fun working with lots of adjustment layers and blend modes. I used 5 images in all for this composite. It was complex and I struggled to get it right.
Last edited by marissat133 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
marissat133
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Marissa Todd

Post by marissat133 »

This image was done in week 2. Just two images and one texture. I used dodging and adjustment layers and blend modes. This one was fun to do because I kept it on the simple side. The previous image above, drove me crazy because it was more complex, but I kept at it and come up with something I liked.
KarenM
Registered Guest

Post by KarenM »

Ending class on a high note. I took two color images of clouds and grooming horses. They were converted to sepia tones (separately) and then combined. I used the high pass filter to sharpen, multiply and screen layers to lighten and darken areas and other techniques in class to produce the final image. These are the before images:
KarenM
Registered Guest

Post by KarenM »

Here is the final image:
Alison
Real Name (first and last name): Alison Duncan

Post by Alison »

This is a composite of 4 images.

I blended the layers, did a dodge and burn, adjusted the brightness and contrast and desaturated the moon
Alison
Real Name (first and last name): Alison Duncan

Post by Alison »

Here I converted the photo to B&W
Used a Nik Graduated Filter
Used Silver Efex twice (but can't remember what I did)
Added a dodge and burn layer
Combined the layers
Added a lighting filter and sharpened the image
Did another dodge layer and cloned out an ellie on the right
KRussell
EPNet General Member
Real Name (first and last name): Kathy Russell

Post by KRussell »

This is the last photo that I worked on for class. It includes Sherron's suggestions. :) -Kathy
KRussell
EPNet General Member
Real Name (first and last name): Kathy Russell

Post by KRussell »

I think this might be my favorite from class. Thank You so much Sherron!!!
debby
EPNet Pro Member
Real Name (first and last name): Debby Thomas

Post by debby »

Took elements from these photos to put together my final image.
debby
EPNet Pro Member
Real Name (first and last name): Debby Thomas

Post by debby »

Combined selections from several images put into the background image
Several burn and dodge layers with masks.

Return to “EPNet Image Showcase”