IMAGE SHOWCASE for the Photoshop Basics Course

View EPNet member's inspiring equine images, updated regularly.

Moderator: admin

admin
Site Admin
Real Name (first and last name): EPNet Admin

IMAGE SHOWCASE for the Photoshop Basics Course

Post by admin »

Some images created during the 2015 Basics of Equine Photography Online course.
Join us for the 2016 course! http://www.equinephotographers.org/courses/

PLEASE NOTE: The photos posted in the Image Showcases are for viewing purposes only. Copying, downloading or using the photo in any manner without written permission from the photographer is prohibited and a copyright violation. Thank you for respecting our copyrights!
JayLynn
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Jamie Rupe

Re: IMAGE SHOWCASE for the Photoshop Basics Course

Post by JayLynn »

I have learned so much in just a short amount of time. Learning about proper head shots and positions for composition was very interesting. I've challenged myself in many areas and so glad that I signed up for this course.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nikon D3300 Nikkor 55-300 4.5
JayLynn
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Jamie Rupe

Post by JayLynn »

The two photos are just a couple of my favorite. I used our own horses in my photos, which was great to have them accessible. I would definitely take another course.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nikon D3300 Nikkor 55-300 4.5
Anakin Sterling
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Caitlyn Dionne

Post by Anakin Sterling »

This is my sister and my horse, two of my favorite things, which is why I love this photo so much. I would recommend this course to anyone. The detailed instruction that Ms. Carien gives is wonderful!!
Anakin Sterling
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Caitlyn Dionne

Post by Anakin Sterling »

This is my second shot for the Image Show case. Than you so much for everything Ms.Carien!
photos by furey
EPNet General Member
Real Name (first and last name): Harry Furey

Post by photos by furey »

Thanks for the headshot week, I love this type of portrait! I used a black back drop for this shot. I am still practicing the barn door lighting for black background, but this worked pretty nicely. Our quarter horse, "Rose!"
photos by furey
EPNet General Member
Real Name (first and last name): Harry Furey

Post by photos by furey »

Just a nice shot at the Jumper Show of a young lady have a great time! I caught the canter just right and the splash of the wet ground adds some interest.
hippocampe
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Francoise Sachde

Post by hippocampe »

One of my favourite headshots I've taken during the course.
I like it because for me the horse looks great and it it stands out well from the background.

What I've learned during the course and I would like to thank Carien for:
I've learned to better control my depth of field using aperture and focal length, to make the background disappear or to better use it to highlight the model in the foreground. I've learned to become intractable on the model's position and expression. It is not enough to control the camera and all the settings which are possible to make a nice photo. It needs also to control the horse's "settings" and my owns: the angle of shooting, my position, my distance to the model etc... I've learned being more conscious and concentrated on the photo I want to create, how to catch the right moment (even if I'm still not really able to do it, I know now what I'm looking for) and not doing only snapshot or photos as a result of chance
Nikon D7000 + Tamron 16-300mm f/3.5-6.3 + AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G
Cathryn D
Real Name (first and last name): Cathryn Dionne

Post by Cathryn D »

This is a photo of my sister and Smokey. I like this photo because of the darker back ground and the lighter horse and rider. Thank you Ms.Carien for this is course I have had a TON of fun!
Cathryn D
Real Name (first and last name): Cathryn Dionne

Post by Cathryn D »

This is my second shot for the image showcase. I like this photo because of the lighting and how the stirrup is there.
MKI
Real Name (first and last name): Michelle Kelly

Post by MKI »

I enjoyed getting a critique on each photo and the chance to ask questions and get feedback. And while I love a tight frame, I am always worried about cutting off body parts - so working on shooting everything close to 200 was great.
I can't resist a beautiful Arabian foal....and then the evening light made me extra happy.
Michelle Kelly | Nikon D7100 - 70-200mm 2.8
Kathleen3261
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Kathleen

Post by Kathleen3261 »

I had no WiFi the last 10 days of the course so was unable to post any pictures. Thank you for providing all the feedback. it has been helpful. I did want to know how you felt about taking pictures from the back 3/4 of the horse looking to the front?
Kathleen3261
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Kathleen

Post by Kathleen3261 »

another view from rear.

Return to “EPNet Image Showcase”