IMAGE SHOWCASE for the Photoshop Basics Course

View EPNet member's inspiring equine images, updated regularly.

Moderator: admin

admin
Site Admin
Real Name (first and last name): EPNet Admin

IMAGE SHOWCASE for the Photoshop Basics Course

Post by admin »

Images created during the 2016 Photoshop Fundamentals Online Course with Sherron Sheppard

PLEASE NOTE: The photos posted in the Image Showcases are for viewing purposes only. Copying, downloading or using the photo in any manner without written permission from the photographer is prohibited and a copyright violation. Thank you for respecting our copyrights!
super8girl
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): marla dell

Re: IMAGE SHOWCASE for the Photoshop Basics Course

Post by super8girl »

Hi Sherron:

I used a texture from daily textures...I worked to make the image as clean as possible, softened all edges and choose the blend mode which made the image even better (surprise to me!) Screen. Thank you so much for everything...I would like to purchase some of the cd's but there are some that are not listed on your purchase sheet?? What do i do then?

Thanks everyone for sharing all your wonderful images...I have leaned a great deal...For those going to Colorado in April, I look forward to meet all of you!!

Best to all..

Marla Dell
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
super8girl
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): marla dell

Post by super8girl »

Sherron and classmates!!

I also added another texture to my image...I loved how you showed us your technique in the class and really wanted to emulate that look...I used two textures to this image and bought both at Daily Textures...They have really wonderful textures...This was a labor of love...took all day!!

Thank you again and look forward to taking more of your classes Sherron!!

Best to all!!

Marla
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cpixley
EPNet General Member
Real Name (first and last name): Cynthia Pixley

Post by cpixley »

texture_portrait_Before.jpg
See the next post for the after and relative comments.
Feeling down? Saddle up. ~Author Unknown
cpixley
EPNet General Member
Real Name (first and last name): Cynthia Pixley

Post by cpixley »

Pixley_texture_portrait_tonedV2.jpg
Multiple layers to blend and adjust color, cloned lighter texture around the head, toned down the red highlights in her hair, sharpened eyes, sharpened hair, burned in around her coat to reduce the light halo. This was by far, a very involved process, but I loved every minute!
Feeling down? Saddle up. ~Author Unknown
flatlandsfoto
EPNet Pro Member
Real Name (first and last name): Joan Davis

Post by flatlandsfoto »

Before
flatlandsfoto
EPNet Pro Member
Real Name (first and last name): Joan Davis

Post by flatlandsfoto »

After

"Lunch Break"

Edited the grass in the foreground. Cleaned up the background. Converted to black and white. Added some contrast, lights and darks.
Dutchess
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Deb McGlynn

Post by Dutchess »

Sherron, thank you so much for a wonderful class! I am much more comfortable with PS and am so excited to put the knowledge to use.

I added clouds to this photo and cropped it a bit.

Deb McGlynn
jill2285
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Jill Monroe

Post by jill2285 »

Hi all, I combined several images, one of the mountains, another of the pasture and used the horses out of three others to make this composite image. I call it "Early Morning."
SueK
Real Name (first and last name): Susan Kozlowski

Post by SueK »

Image from Week 3 of Photoshop Fundamentals with Sherron Sheppard.
I once again thoroughly enjoyed and came out of this course a better photographic artist.
Sherron has worked to make each student feel like they are taking private instruction with her. But the benefit is we also get to learn from each others creativity and advancement.
This might be my fourth time as Sherron's student, and I can't get enough. I just wish I had more time to play and create with my photos on the computer. I am certainly motivated now to dedicate more time and improve my new skills.
I look forward to the next one!

This image is a cropped selection added to a pre-purchased texture. I painted light in to focus on the images' "story", and added colors to compliment the image. In the end, I included a special grain overlay to give the image a more 'gritty' look.

"Grooming Horses"
Canon 20D 5D
Canon 70-200 IS 2.8
Jbk1212
EPNet Pro Member
Real Name (first and last name): jean kirby

Post by Jbk1212 »

Great class learned a lot. used all the information from the class to do this image. masking, dodge and burn adjustment layers, adding a texture layer, adding color layer using color blend mode, masking it to remove some color. final add a sharpening filter.
jenjudkins
EPNet General Member
Real Name (first and last name): Jennifer Judkins

Post by jenjudkins »

Great class as always! I always expand my PS skills in some way...year after year. Will be back next year! Video is an awesome addition.
Portraitcomposite.3.jpg
Jennifer Judkins
Canon 70D EF 70-200 f/2.8
photos by furey
EPNet General Member
Real Name (first and last name): Harry Furey

Post by photos by furey »

This is perhaps my most successful. I still have a lot to learn. I wish I could have Sherron around all year long for advice. It was an awesome class. (the color does not look right in the preview, but when you click on it, it seems fine.) ?
Imageries
EPNet Pro Member
Real Name (first and last name): Kim Hampton

Post by Imageries »

Sherron's class is an extraordinary resource to anyone who wants to improve their knowledge of Photoshop. There were photographers from beginner to advanced, all of us with much to learn, and we were fortunate to work within a supportive environment.
This is my second time through with this course, and I am looking forward to taking this course again. This is my last submission for class, and while it's not a horse theme it challenged me out of my comfort zone and taught me a great deal about perspective, combining multiple images and overlays, and persistence to keep pushing to realize what you have in your imagination.
A great course, thank you Sherron!
Alison
Real Name (first and last name): Alison Duncan

Post by Alison »

Another awesome course Sherron. I wasn't the greatest student this year because I was away again towards the end of the course but achieved what I wanted to with the photographs that I wanted to edit.

It's definitely a worthwhile course whether beginner or advanced. This was the third time I've done the course and each year I learn something new. Am looking forward to your next course :)

Return to “EPNet Image Showcase”