Montages and collages

Not a member but have a question related to equine photography? Ask it here! You must be registered on the forum to be able to post here.

Moderator: admin

LinFin
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Linda Finstad

Montages and collages

Post by LinFin »

Hi
I would really like to offer a nice selection of montages and collages to my horse show clients - but my efforts at creating them seem - well kinda lame.
Does anyone know of any templates or examples I could look at to help me on the right track. You can check out my efforts on facebook just type in my name - Linda Finstad thanks
jennifererst
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Jennifer Erst

Re: Montages and collages

Post by jennifererst »

Some great short courses can be found at learntotakephotos. I took the one they had on collages. Im sure it will be offered again.

http://www.learntotakephotos.com/

Two great instructors, both EPNET members. Laura Cotterman and Christina Handley.
Christina Handley
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Christina Handley

Post by Christina Handley »

Thanks Jennifer!

Our Collage course is now available as a Tutorial, the information can be found here http://www.learntotakephotos.com/tutori ... .php?id=28

JackieWimbush
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Jackie Wimbush

Post by JackieWimbush »

Linda Finstad wrote:Hi
I would really like to offer a nice selection of montages and collages to my horse show clients - but my efforts at creating them seem - well kinda lame.
Does anyone know of any templates or examples I could look at to help me on the right track. You can check out my efforts on facebook just type in my name - Linda Finstad thanks
Hi Linda,

I added you as a friend on Facebook and checked out your collages. The one with the jumper seems a bit busy to me. If it were me, rather than show different shots of this horse jumping, I'd take the best action shot and a macro headshot, plus maybe a field shot and college them using the action/jumping shot as the main focus. Just my 2 cents :)

I have done some collages for print ads and there's some of my published work on my site http://jaxfoto.com - its fun but never easy and a lot of work.

Jackie
Lee Woolery
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Lee Woolery

Post by Lee Woolery »

Linda:

Try fotofusion by lumapix.com for collages. I use it all the time.

Send me an e-mail through my website and I'll show some samples of collages I do for my clients.

Much success,

Lee Woolery
Speedshot Photo
www.speedshotphoto.com
http://www.sportsshooter.com/members.html?id=8868
LinFin
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Linda Finstad

Post by LinFin »

Thanks Lee

That is exactly what I was looking for
Pixel
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Josee Talbot

Post by Pixel »

The best advice I could give you is to take some Photoshop lessons. To do collages, you have to know how to work with layers and masks. I am a graphic designer so Photoshop has been part of my work for the last 12 years. I did try to teach a friend to do collages... But since Photoshop is a huge software with tons of possibilities, I suggested my friend to take Photoshop lessons with a real teacher! ;) Good luck!
keithhalley
Real Name (first and last name): Keith Halley

Post by keithhalley »

Beautiful image.

Return to “EPNet Open Forum”