EPNet Sponsor: Imaging Spectrum offers the Sony Snap Lab

Not a member but have a question related to equine photography? Ask it here! You must be registered on the forum to be able to post here.

Moderator: admin

admin
Site Admin
Real Name (first and last name): EPNet Admin

EPNet Sponsor: Imaging Spectrum offers the Sony Snap Lab

Post by admin »

Sony Snap Lab gains popularity with event photographers

The UPCR10L Snap Lab is a compact, standalone digital photo system with robust editing features right on the printer that let users manipulate their images and then output high-end digital prints in seconds - without the need of a computer!
The UPCR10L Snap Lab Digital Photo System prints 3.5"x5", 4"x6" and 5"x7" photo lab like quality prints. The 8-inch color LCD screen allows the user to edit photos, add borders, add text and print split images.

Click here for a Snap Lab Demo
http://www.imagingspectrum.com/images/snaplab.html

Features and Benefits:

High Speed / High Quality
3.5"x5" prints in Approx. 13sec
4"x6" prints in Approx. 16sec
5"x7" prints in Approx. 17sec
Enables high volume printing in short time
Professional quality prints
No PC needed
Simple to use interface
Easy - no mess media replacement
Only 24 lbs! - Easy to move
Zoom, Crop, Rotate
Color Adjustment
Red-Eye Reduction
Sepia / Monochrome
Add Borders / Add Text
Print Split Images

If you would like to learn more about the Snap Lab or any other event printer, call Imaging Spectrum!

If you currently do your own event printing, or are thinking about it, then Imaging Spectrum will have the digital printing products you need.

They also carry a full line of large format inkjet printers and supplies, with free shipping!

Contact: Imaging Spectrum Inc. and ask for "Steve" to get special EPN pricing on the Sony Snap Lab and other event imaging supplies. Imaging Spectrum / 800-342-9294 / www.imagingspectrum.com

Imaging Spectrum Inc. is a proud to be a sponsor of the Equine Photographers
Network.
Christy
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Christy Hazel

Post by Christy »

HI,

I was wondering if anyone here has any feedback on this product?

Have any of you used it or seen any prints from it?

Thanks,
Christy
Carien Schippers
EPNet Pro Member
Real Name (first and last name): Carien Schippers

Post by Carien Schippers »

Christy,
we used the Snaplab at last year's Colorado Workshop and it was super easy to use and the prints looked great. Excellent if you are printing out a lot of smaller size prints and perfect for on site printing.
"Doing what you love is freedom,
Loving what you do is happiness"

~ Chinese proverb

Equine Photography by Carien Schippers
• ImagEquine Home
• ImagEquine on Facebook
BarbYoung
EPNet Pro Member
Real Name (first and last name): Barb Young

Post by BarbYoung »

Saw it on the table, turned it on, made prints - just like that. I did somehow get it to make too many of each, but I could have read the directions. :wink: It seemed straight forward, good quality. I don't know if it would be cost effective vs. how you do it now, but it would surely be more convenient. It isn't very big or heavy.......I'm guessing kind of a 24-30" cube.
"If we're ever gonna see a rainbow,
We have to stand a little rain"
~NGDB

Website
EPNet Portfolio
join me on Facebook
Christy
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Christy Hazel

Post by Christy »

Thanks Ladies! :D

I was wondering if it would significantly drive photo sales up enough to justify the price?

It's good to know that the prints look good. I was afraid they would look flimsy and cheap.

Christy
slasko
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Stephen E. Lasko

Sony Snaplab Review

Post by slasko »

Hi all. Just a note to anyone on the fence for this printer. We have been using this printer for a while now. We are into our second season with it. Last year we ran about 12,000 prints on this machine and we were very pleased with it. In the past we used several of the smaller consumer type printers similar to the Kodak 500 series 4x6 printers. We'd have three or four running at the same time. We found that these printers did not hold up to the punishment of event photography. They would begin to have jamming problems, ribbon problems, alignment problems, etc., which would lead to complete failure. We replaced usually replaced them every year though some lasted two.

While the price for the SnapLab is rather steep, it costs less per print than anything we've used coming in at about $0.225 each based on our last order of paper/ribbon. Additionally, this printer seems blazing fast at about 18 seconds per 4x6 print. It has absolutely no problem keeping up. The interface is simple. After initial setup you just plug in your flash card, select a few options like print, select all, add date, etc., and walk away and help customers. It will tell you how much time is left to complete the print job. You can also check to see how many prints are left on the 200 print roll by just double-tapping on the LCD screen. This is a very convenient feature.
The cons include, of course, the initial cost. Ours was about $1,600, but that was when it was still fairly new on the market, I think. Now it’s $1,295 with a $250 rebate for a total of $1,045. We hope to buy a back-up this year. At the end of last year, we had to send the unit in for repair. The thing made a clunking sound and refused to print. We think it might have had the problem after printing a large number of prints in a warm (hot) and dusty environment. Sony repaired the unit at no charge, even though I think it was out of warrantee. Also, the turnaround was amazingly fast. We gave them our winter address in Florida, assuming it would be a few weeks to get it back. We got it back in about a week and had to re-direct the shipment.

All in all, if you can justify the initial purchase with your sales, this is likely to be the best proof printer you’ve seen. We highly recommend it!
Stephen E. Lasko Photography
Homosassa, FL

Return to “EPNet Open Forum”