THE SALVATION OF DOLL

carollague
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Carol LaGue

THE SALVATION OF DOLL

Post by carollague »

THE SALVATION OF DOLL

Story & current pictures by IMAGES by LAGUE.

YOU CANNOT DO A KINDNESS TOO SOON, FOR YOU NEVER KNOW HOW SOON IT WILL BE TO LATE!

I am new on EPNet and found this assignment challenging as I have never been involved in a project like this.
All comments are greatly appreciated and welcome . . .
It has changed my life and opened my eyes to the unbelievable cruelty that goes on without being noticed.

THE TRUE STORY OF A TRUSTING OLD HORSE THAT HAS BEEN GIVEN A SECOND CHANCE FOR A BETTER LIFE.
Dedicated to my Grand daughter Ashley LaGue who is horse crazy and reminds me of myself in younger days.
She is the driving force behind this assignment.

http://lague.weebly.com/horses-in-need.html

Last edited by carollague on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ddaside8
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Diana Duffy

Re: THE SALVATION OF DOLL

Post by Ddaside8 »

Carol,

I read with interest your piece about Doll and the horrors she endured. From your first image of her, I don't think she could have been closer to death and still be alive. When I see a horse like her, I always wonder what they must have been like as young horses, and admire their great strength of will and desire to live. They deserve the best, and receive so little sometimes. Surely there is a special place in hell for people who abuse God's creatures. Thank you for telling her story,
Diana

"Ask little, expect less, praise more."

http://www.resurrectionfarmphotography.com
carollague
Registered Guest

Post by carollague »

Hello Diana, Thank you for taking the time to read my assignment about Doll. I did not know Gina and Tony Caglia before this assignment or their efforts to save the horses and mules in my area of Sanger California. We are now good friends and I will continue to try and get their story out in our local area or any way I can. EPNet brought us together and if just one person realizes that there are people as dedicated and committed to finding good homes for each individual horse then I have accomplished what I set out to do. Sincerely Carol LaGue
RW
Registered Guest
Real Name (first and last name): Rachael Waller

Post by RW »

Thank you for sharing,

Always love to see the "come back kids" :)

Rachael
"I was born on the prairies where the wind blew free and there was nothing to break the light of the sun."-Geronimo
carollague
Registered Guest

Post by carollague »

Hello Rachael, Thank you for taking interest in the Salvation of Doll and your comments. Horses amaze me, they have such a strong will to live if someone is there for them. Sincerely Carol LaGue
carollague
Registered Guest

Post by carollague »

Comment from Dee: I know Gina Caglia. Knew her when she first got into the horse rescue. She has done some really wonderful work with horses. She did a really good job with Doll and is still doing great work with a bunch of horses. My hat is off to Tony and Gina. Keep up the good work and God Bless.
carollague
Registered Guest

Post by carollague »

PATRICIA BEBB: Tried to leave a comment regarding Doll. I'm Gina's mom. I have watched her build this rescue from the start. The hard work and dedication she gives to each and every horse, especially to Doll is outstanding. Doll stole her heart. Doll could hardly walk and eat when she came to the ranch and now she is blossoming into a beautiful old dame. Thank you for the beautiful story. This is a project that has touched many hearts. Patricia Bebb
carollague
Registered Guest

Post by carollague »

Patricia, It is a pleasure to meet you. Gina is a special person and I respect her very much. Thank You for taking the time to respond to the horses in need documentary - The Salvation of Doll - on EPNet.com. This was a labor of love and my heart went into every picture and word of the article. We are working hard to let people know about Tony and Gina's hard work. I am also working hard to make sure everyone knows about Silverwings Horse Rescue in Tivy Valley Ca. and will continue to do so in every way I can. I will be posting your comments on my webpage at http://lague.weebly.com/horses-in-need.html and also on the documentary page at http://equinephotographers.org/4um/viewforum.php and I hope to get a chance to meet you in person someday. Sincerely Carol LaGue

Return to “Horses in Need Documentary Project 2010”